WNC board not getting detected

Solved
fafilippini's picture
fafilippini
Junior(0)

HI,

I got in contact for a replacement and support, but I guess it would not hurt to try again here. I read all I could find, but theboard is totallyunresponsive.

My WNC board all of a sudden stopped communicating with the UART and after that, WNC connection manager, nor Windows, are able to detect the board. Of course I checked the power adapter, tried different USB ports, adapters, computers...but still nothing on either UART or USB.

I tried to reset the board with the button but I am not sure what else to try. I just updated the K64F software removing some commands that were returning "not supported" and then it stopped the initialization at all.

Any hardware total reset to try?

thanks 

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi,  Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your kit.  From what you wrote it does seem like your hardware is defective.  The reset button doesn't work nicely after the K64F messes with some pins to put it in UART mode.  The best way to reset it all is by removing all power sources, including the usb connection to the K64F.  Assuming your power supply and power supply cable for the 14A2A is good I don’t know what else to suspect.  If connection manager worked before and doesn’t any more when connected to just the 14A2A board, that is another circumstantial clue it is the board.  Having a 2nd known working board would help greatly here to be sure about what is wrong.  If you can’t get another board conveniently I’d send it back under warranty to where you got it from.  Again sorry cannot help more than this, you seemed to have already gone through the common stuff.  Best regards and please update if you figure it out or have additional questions.

fafilippini's picture
fafilippini
Junior(0)

Thank you for the reply. I have noticed that this morning the LED it is not even turning on anymore. I took a look at the schematic and I am thinkg about trying to power it via an external supply directly on the 5 V JP2.

Thoughts?

I got it on the ATT website, but they are super slow in getting back to me. Any other way I can get it replaced it?

fafilippini's picture
fafilippini
Junior(0)

I have the slip with the Avnet order. I think this shpped directly from you guys. I will contact Avnet now.

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi again, It could be the USB socket, hard to say.  Attempt to contact whom is listed on your paperwork.  If you don't get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time, let me know.

Best regards