Simple GATT Peripheral Device sample code needed

Solved
rtechgeek's picture
rtechgeek
Junior(0)

With the help of your moderator Peter, I was able to bring up some sample code that connected a TI SensorTag to the AVNET IoT Starter Kit board via bluetooth LE and sent the data to the IBM Watson IOT Platform.  This is a great example for a GATT Client implementation, However, my end product will need the GATT connection to be in a Peripheral Role (the Avnet board will be the GATT Server and a phone will be the GATT client.  

Is there any reference code for a simple GATT peripheral device?   Or can you refer me to a broadcom contact who can supply me one? - See more at: http://cloudconnectkits.org/forum/topic/code-example-avnet-bcm4343w#stha...

Regards,

Rob

rtechgeek's picture
rtechgeek
Junior(0)

An additional question.. there is a WICED Smart Designer with the WICED Smart IDE, but it does not seem that this SDK is compatible with Avnet's board.  Am I correct?

I tried using the wizard to generate the top level code and then I copied the code into the WICED IDE 3.5.2, but there are a bunch of unresolved items in the build.

The Bluetooth Wizard on the WICED IDE says that there are "No supported platforms were detected for the current workspace".  SO in the absence of a working Wizard to generate sample code,  and an absence of sample code, and no documentation regarding BLE peripheral apps.   How can I progress with your hardware?

andrew997's picture
andrew997
Moderator(1)

Hi Robert,

The WICED Smart SDK that's used to develop apps for Broadcom's BLE-only modules and SoCs such as BCM20736 isn't compatible with the standard WICED SDK.  The 2073x family uses a different BLE stack and there are enough differences in the APIs such that it wouldn't be a worthwhile exercise trying to get code output from the WICED Smart Designer to work in the WICED Wi-Fi SDK used with the BCM4343W.

This being said, there are two example applications included in SDK 3.5.2 that implement BLE peripherals / GATT servers: 

snip/ble_hello_sensor

and

snip/ble_proximity_reporter

You should be able to leverage either of these to implement your peripheral.

Regards,

Andrew

rtechgeek's picture
rtechgeek
Junior(0)

Thanks Andrew.