Packet Size of HTTP Requests from Avnet

Solved
HunterBerge's picture
HunterBerge
Junior(0)

Hello,

We are using Avnet AT&T cards to send small packets to our server but for some reason the packets being sent are massive.

This is the data we are sending: 

[{ "o":"1", "n":"2", "i":"10", "s":"1531243532" }]

After running some tests, it should be around 250-300 bytes of data including the necessary headers. However, our packet sizes are currently being sent at 10KB+. We have sent 5,000 requests and have used up over 60MB of data.

Can you help me debug why the packets are so large? Does AT&T or Avnet add additional headers? Is there other information packed into the request that is created by the Minicomm software?

Thank you

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(2)

The Avnet SW doesn't add any additonal data to packets being sent, the modem software will add some protocol wrappers to it but that is all stripped out before it is passed up to the higher levels of the protocol stack so if you send 100 bytes from the application layer, you willl receive 100 bytes in the application layer. I would suggest looking at the buffer you are sending and ensure it truely only has the data you think you are sending and is properly terminated with the correct size specified in the TX call.