Not Connecting to LTE

Solved
Tony Fredericks's picture
Tony Fredericks
Junior(0)

I was having issues with the first IoT kit and recieved my second. I am able to communicate with the board but the network LED has not changed from yellow to green. I  uipdated the APN to m2m.com.attz in the malmanager.cfg file. I spoke with AT&T and they inform me that the SIM card is valid. Any additional thoughts on what my issue could still be?

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)

So no LEDs? Power LED? Have you connected ADB and seen if the monitor is outputting any info when it is started? I'm sure you have done various things to get it working, but you have not described what you did.  I supose you did read through the Element14 BLOG on getting it going?  Did you verify that the SIM is registering with AT&T using their Jasper Dashboard?

Just to help me understand, can you give me some of your background/experience so I can tailor my responses as appropriate.

Thanks.

Tony Fredericks's picture
Tony Fredericks
Junior(0)

Perhaps I wasn't clear and sorry for that. I am a senior software engineer with many years of expereince. The current issue I have is that the network LED is blinking yellow. I am trying to connect to the LTE Network. I have updated bthe APN number as advised. The SIM card is registered correctly with AT&T. I am trying to figure out what the next logical step should be to resolve the issue. Thanks for your assitance.

Tony

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)

Tony, did you review the blog at https://www.element14.com/community/blogs/JimFlynn/2018/09/25/an-overvie...? it does discuss getting the board working to some extent.  If it appears totally inoperative, you could start an ADB shell and manually run the iot_monitor application.  When run interactively, you can exit the 'command' mode and enter the 'wnc' mode and then query the status of the modem.  This will tell you if you are connected to the network, and if an IP address has been assigned.  I am assuming you are running this on an AT&T network with the SIM that was delivered in the Kit.  Some people have tried running it with a standard SIm but it requires an IOT SIM to operate correclty.  By the way, all the code for the iot_monitor is available on github (https://github.com/Avnet/M18QxIotMonitor) if you would like to access it.  If you want, you can email me direclty at james.flynn@avnet.com