Interfacing IoT Breakout Board with AT&T 2nd Gen IoT Starter Kit

Solved
BoschTT's picture
BoschTT
Junior(0)

Are there any sample examples to help acquire data from a RS485 tranceiver Microclick board that is attached on top of the IoT breakout board. I know that I am supposed to interface using I2C but neither the Microclick Board nor the Breakout board have a slave address(checked it in their data sheets too). I would really appreciate any help in this case.

PeterF's picture
PeterF
Moderator(16)

Click RS485 boards typically require a UART interface with the host processor. The IoT breakout board supports I2C and SPI interfaces but it does not natively support a UART interface with the WNC module.  (the PTCRB certified version of the WNC host-mode firmware allocates UART2 for kernel debug, so this UART interface was not routed to the Click sockets)

BoschTT's picture
BoschTT
Junior(0)

So does that mean I cannot use any Click boards to interface with the IoT starter Kit? I thought the whole point of the breakout board was so that it could be used interface peripheral devices since that is how it is marketted on their brochures. 

BoschTT's picture
BoschTT
Junior(0)

Okay Sorry I read your answer wrong, So I can only use Click Boards that have I2C or SPI interface. However, is there a way I could have a UART communication between the IoT Starter Kit and another microcontroller? I see that the data sheet mentions only two that are used for system functions, is there any other way I could make it work>

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(3)