Having a problem with connecting to WNC modem, getting WNC Module IS NOT initialized (00) error.

Solved
llybeck's picture
llybeck
Junior(0)

I also am getting the WNC Module is NOT initialize4d (00) error. I was able to download the newer version of firmware, but am still getting this error. WHat next>?

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi,

What firmware are you using when you get this error?  I assume the error is being output the K64F freedom board serial debug?

Thanks

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi again,

I suspect maybe, just maybe it has to do with setting the APN?  Not 100% sure.  That error you reported comes from the WncInterface class so you must be using that with something.

UPDATE on this reply:  the WncInterface class has a NULL passsed in but this eventaully causes it to try to set the APN to the proper one.

Best Regards

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Any breakthroughs with this issue for you?

Best Regards

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hopefully no questions means you figured it out, if you get a chance, please update with what you found the trouble to be?

I don't think my prior answers are your problem I had time tonight to look at some of the code, if you get back (000) that means it didn't power up correctly.  So your modem could be bad or perhaps more likely not powered correctly.  If you have an alternative 2.4A 5V power supply can you try that with your board?  You should peer into WncInterface and the init function a bit and see what else it tells you, there is an option to turn on debug to come out the K64F main serial port, you would need to pass in a pointer to a MODSERIAL serial port init method and then use ::doDebug with 1,2 or 3.  The comment is wrong for the init function about the debug arg.

Best Regards

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Also, if you are using WncInterface make sure you pull it from the tag and do not update everything to the latest when you pull down, that will generally always cause problems.

Best Regards

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

No further feedback from customer, marking this thread as closed for now.

LulaNord's picture
LulaNord
Junior(0)

Hi...i am a new user here. I think your modem could be bad or perhaps more likely not powered correctly.  If you have an alternative 2.4A 5V power supply can you try that with your board?  You should peer into WncInterface and the init function a bit and see what else it tells you, there is an option to turn on debug to come out the K64F main serial port, you would need to pass in a pointer to a MODSERIAL serial port init method and then use ::doDebug with 1,2 or 3.