Gemalto Test SIM compatible

Solved
awhenley's picture
awhenley
Junior(0)

I'd like to perform RF testing on this device with celluar signaling tester. 

Does IoT RF module support Gemalto Test SIM?

Has anyone connected this to a signaling tester and had success? (Tester settings would be helpful).

Thanks!

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi, Officially only the AT&T kit SIM cards are supported.  Will Gemalto work?  I have contacted the manuafactuer and relayed this question.  They are out of the office until at least 2/1/17.

I can also add that I doubt it will be compatible.  The 14A2A is not a GSM or 3G device it is LTE Cat 1 only.  But we'll wait for the answer from the manufacture.

Best Regards

awhenley's picture
awhenley
Junior(0)

Thanks. The Gemalto test SIMs work with other LTE devices. Generally if the device is not "locked" they work OK.  Would dev kit work on other LTE networks? If so, likey it would work with test SIM. Thanks for checking.

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi,  Good news, WNC said that yes it should work as long as you realize the 14A2A will ony work in LTE mode with an LTE test box.  They said in general 3G USIM cards should work, they are not sure about pure 2G cards and think they might not.

I know that the carriers put the devices through a fairly intense cerfitication process before they are allowed on their networks.  At this time I'm only aware of the 14A2A part being certified by AT&T.  So beyond the LTE bands that the device works with, it's not a techincal reason, its a procedural and financial reason that it doesn't work on any other networks at this time.  Keep in mind it is AT&T's kit after all ;-)

Best Regards