Firmware update

Solved
Enerstar's picture
Enerstar
Junior(0)

The last batch I received shipped with v11.50.164551. The upgrade I have always applied is v11.50.164451 which is still on att marketplace to download. Just wondering since the version went up are they now being shipped with newer firmware(551) or should I load them with 451 per usual?

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi,  I am unaware of any changes to shipping firmware, will investigate.  The immediate short term advice is if it works I wouldn't reprogram it.

Best regards

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

We think the manufacturer has indeed updated in the parts they have delivered for the kits.  The version on the ATT site is: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/starterkit-assets/CM_MPSS_M14A2A_v11.... (CM_MPSS_M14A2A_v11.50.171541)

This doesn't match what you wrote above but maybe is what you meant?

Thanks for pointing this out.  I went to the manufacturer support site and they say the latest version fixes the following issues:

*New Feature: Added
AT@SOCKDATA
AT@FOTACHECK
AT@FOTAUPGRADE
*Bug Fix: AT@SOCKCONN? without response TCP status.
*Bug Fix: AT@HOSTINFO always responses ERROR issue.
*Modify: AT@SOCKWRITE and AT@SOCKREAD command for binary mode data transmission.

Best regards

Enerstar's picture
Enerstar
Junior(0)

I tried a second one out of the batch of ten I received and it is also on 164551. I will give this version a try.

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Thank you for confirming the version information!

Best regards

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Btw, let me know please if this newer version solves the issue with dropping the IP to the Pi.

Thanks!

Enerstar's picture
Enerstar
Junior(0)

Will do. I have them on a relay that power cycles every night but I monitor them pretty closely so I should be able to catch any disconnects and see if I can interface with them before the reset.

gt3389b's picture
gt3389b
Junior(0)

Hey LightCollector,

I'm in the same boat getting AT+CSQ of 99,99.  I believe I need the latest AVNET firmware but I'm having issues accessing your zip on S3.  Can you please help?

Thanks,

Russell

gt3389b's picture
gt3389b
Junior(0)

A quick update and some further information for others.

I verified through the ATT site that I indeed have the correct firmware version:

https://marketplace.att.com/quickstart

From the device:

ATI
Manufacturer: WNC
Model: IMA3
Revision: MPSS: IMA3_v10.58.174043 APSS: IMA3_v10.52.174043

Note, I have the first generation of the 14A2A.

I kept getting the RSSI, BNR 99, 99.  I ran the binary 'Avnet_ATT_Cellular_IOT_K64F' on the K64F board.  Found here:

http://cloudconnectkits.org/product/att-cellular-iot-starter-kit

http://cloudconnectkits.org/system/files/Avnet_ATT_Cellular_IOT_K64F.zip

The init script ran through MANY iterations of failure then eventually succeeded and the device connected.  I've cut the repeat logs for brevity.

Here is the log.

App Firmware: Release 1.0 - built: Dec 11 2017 19:11:35

Hello World from the Cellular IoT Kit!

HTS221 Detected (0xBC)
^M Temp is: 86.27 F
^M Humid is: 38 %
^MSi7020 sensor not found
Si1145 sensor not found
FXOS8700CQ WhoAmI = C7
Xadow GPS not found

Modem initializing... will take up to 60 seconds
SET APN STRING!
Send: <<AT%PDNSET=1,m2m.com.attz,IP>>
[AT%PDNSET=1,m2m.com.attz,IPOK]

------------ software_init_mdm! --------->
Send: <<AT+CSQ>>
[AT+CSQ+CSQ: 0,7OK]
Send: <<AT+CPIN?>>
[AT+CPIN?+CPIN: READYOK]
Send: <<AT+CREG?>>
[AT+CREG?+CREG: 0,2OK]
------------ software_init_mdm! --------->
Send: <<AT+CSQ>>
[AT+CSQ+CSQ: 0,7OK]
Send: <<AT+CPIN?>>
[%NOTIFYEV:"CSPS",1%NOTIFYEV:"LTIME","17/12/21,09:0...]
Send: <<AT+CREG?>>
[AT+CREG?+CREG: 0,1OK]
Re-connected to cellular network!
^MStart AT init of WNC:
Send: <<AT>>
[ATOK]
Send: <<ATE0>>
[ATE0OK]
Send: <<AT+CMEE=2>>

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi Russell et al,

The 1st version of cat M firmware has a bug that causes the at command to resolve the url to an ip address to fail.  Also the signal quality responses seem to be broken.  We know about these things and have brought it to the attention of WNC.  The dns resolve has been fixed (mostly) but not the signal measurements.  I have heard some people are having some issues sometimes connecting to the lte m service.  cat M is brand new, it should improve over time.  If a new firmware comes out I will let you guys know.  Sorry for the troubles you are having with the kit, if you find more issues please let me know, I will do what I can to help. -LightCollector

Enerstar's picture
Enerstar
Junior(0)

I am looking for the firmware update for lte(1st gen). Not interested in M yet. I am also unable to download from S3. I can try the firmware it shipped with ( v11.50.164551) but would be willing to give CM_MPSS_M14A2A_v11.50.171541 a try as well if it was made available.

LightCollector's picture
LightCollector
Moderator(20)

Hi again,  I took another look at the ATT page.  Maybe it didn’t paste in correctly above.  Here is the latest link to lte cat 1 firmware: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/starterkit-assets/CM_MPSS_M14A2A_v11.50.171541.zip

Enerstar's picture
Enerstar
Junior(0)

That worked thanks. Updating the firmware now for testing. I will post updates.

Psamuel's picture
Psamuel
Junior(0)

I am still interested in the answer to the original question - I recieved a couple of boards with firmware versionv11.....551, but this version of the firmware does not appear to be available to download. I can still only download v11.....451. Is there a change list between the two versions and can you make v11.....551 available? I am not interested in v10.58.174043. Thank you!

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(2)

The latest SW that is available will be on the AT&T site (https://marketplace.att.com/quickstart).

Psamuel's picture
Psamuel
Junior(0)

Thanks! Unfortunately, I downloaded the latest firmware (v11.50.171541) and it appears to have some issues. The only version of the firmware that seems to work for us is: v11.50.164551, which was preinstalled on the IoT add on kit boards. Is it possible to get that version of the firmware? Thanks.