Failure to connect to configuration webpage

Solved
manali.vispute's picture
manali.vispute
Junior(0)

I have successfully updated the USB drivers and reflashed the hardware of the BCM4343w Iot Starter Kit. I can see that the wiFi hotspot (WICED_AWS) is created but I am unable to connect to the configuration webpage using the given IP address 192.168.0.1

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

PeterF's picture
PeterF
Moderator(16)

Unable to connect to config webpage via SoftAP (WICED_AWS) 

Manali

1) Make sure your laptop has connected to WICED_AWS before addressing your browser to 192.168.0.1  

2) WiFi channel 1 (the channel that WICED_AWS is set to) tends to be very popular. If you have strong competing WiFi traffic on channel 1 this will lead to problems in connecting. If this the case and you are able to move your setup, relocate to a quieter WiFi location (just to get through this initial configuration stage). The default WiFi channel is configrable in the source code, so you have the option of changing to a different channel to suit your location.

3) If still not able to connect you may need to consider hard-coding your network and AWS settings into the source code. See the "Bake-in the AWS IoT and WiFi network settings" section in Part 2 of the Intallation Tutorials

http://cloudconnectkits.org/forum/topic/installation-tutorials  

Peter

PeterF's picture
PeterF
Moderator(16)

Unable to connect to config webpage via SoftAP (WICED_AWS)

Manali  

I'd also recommend open a serial console (Tera Term) so you can monitor the status messages from the module.

Immediately after you have seen the following, press and hold the User push-button until you see confirmation that the DCT memory has cleared:

WWD SDIO interface initialised
WLAN MAC Address : xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
WLAN Firmware    : wl0: Nov 25 2015 12:57:14 version 7.45.45.1 (r602358) FWID 01-1920c040

Please wait, connecting to network...
(To return to SSID console screen, hold USER switch for 5 seconds during RESET to clear DCT configuration)

You should then see the following on your console screen:

DCT clearing start
DCT clearing end
IPv4 network ready IP: 192.168.0.1
Setting IPv6 link-local address
IPv6 network ready IP: FE80:0000:0000:0000:B238:29FF:FE3D:3A7D
Config SSID : WICED_AWS
Password    : 12345678
IP Address  : 192.168.0.1

At this stage you will be able to connect to WICED_AWS from your laptop (Password=12345678) and then access the SoftAP config webpage at 192.168.0.1

Peter