Convert elf format file to bin/hex or S-Record

Solved
jsayed's picture
jsayed
Junior(0)

Hi Peter/All,

First thanks for all the help in past. 

I created/tested/verified my application on Avent BCM4343W and now need to program the Avnet module on our hardware platform.

I decided to use ZentriOS on window 10, SEGGER j-Flash and jlink programmer. My compiled output file is in elf format, which I need to convert into either bin, hex or S-record. 

I have searched and unable to find a suitable convertor for windows, the one I found crashed.   

Appreciate if someone can recommend a standalone application to do this conversion or a way to configure ZentriOS to output a different format than elf or a different way to achieve this task.

Thanks

PeterF's picture
PeterF
Moderator(14)

Jawed

Here's the answer from Zentri in response to your question:

Converting the format will not be enough.

The SDK programs both the
- BMC4343W's internal MCU flash memory 
- as well as SPI flash memory

The Segger won't do this by default.

It's recommended to obtain a Zentri programmer (Piranha):
https://www.zentri.com/wi-fi-development-tools

and connect the custom platform via JTAG.

The SDK can be directly used with the custom platform at this point. This will make for much easier development/deployment.

https://store.zentri.com/ProductDetail/ATG002PIRANHA-Zentri/571303/pid=1148 

jsayed's picture
jsayed
Junior(0)

Thanks Peter, I will go ahead and buys one.  Aslo I have been trying to contact Zentri for days, email & phone call to their sales. No response.  Sounds like you have mastered the magic to contact them? 

I am trying to understand their business model….I understand I could use ZentriOS without paying any royalty on BCM4343W as Avnet is recommending them.  But sounds like I have to use their backend for registration and updates even in production for every device I sell. Is this a must for usage of their OS? If yes what is the cost associated with it? … in nutshell how do I get Zentri to response?

jsayed's picture
jsayed
Junior(0)

Thanks Peter, I got a call from Nick (sillabs), appreciate connecting him with us…..Thanks you.

In my conversation with Nick, He responded that some of question, such as cost of usage of ZentriOS on our product need to answered by Avnet personal.  Any recommendation who should I call?

PeterF's picture
PeterF
Moderator(14)

I recommend contacting the FAE resources at your local Avnet Sales office for guidance on this.

In the Bay area, you can contact Wallace Ly at the Avnet branch there, (408) 435-3500   

jsayed's picture
jsayed
Junior(0)

Hi Peter, Thank you for connecting me with Avent folks, I will be meeting with Jaime F on coming Monday.

I did go ahead and bught a Zentri programmer (Piranha) per Zentri response in an answer to my last post. I received it

but now facing how to connect it to the Avent BCM4343 module. I cannot locate any document (either on Avnet or Zentri) on how do I connect

Piranha's 10 pins to Avent BCM module's pins. I can figuer out the JTAG pins but lost on AUX(7), URX(9), UTX(10) & RST(8).

Is there a connection diagram which will help me?

Thanks

PeterF's picture
PeterF
Moderator(14)

Please refer to the attached 1-page document

This summarizes the Piranha Programmer connections to the Avnet BCM4343W Module