Can't pair snip BLE examples with iOS devices

rafaelcds's picture

I've been trying to connect the BCM94343W board via BLE to iOS devices and haven't had success.

I deployed all BLE examples of the WICED SDK 6 (app/snip/bluetooth/*), like the ble_hello_sensor, and they work with Moto G4 Plus (Android) just fine, but I couldn't get my iOS devices to find the BCM94343W board.

I tried with an iPhone 7 (iOS 10.2.1), iPhone 8 (iOS 11.2.6) and iPad 4 (iOS 10.3.3).

The ble_hello_sensor, for instance, even mentions that it should work with apple devices:

* 3. On application start the device acts as a GATT server and advertises itself as Hello Sensor

* 4. Connect to GATT server using one of the LE clients (LEExplorer(android)) or (BLE Utility(Apple Store))

* 5. Once connected the client can read Hello sensor characteristics

Can you please help me pair the avnet board with apple devices via BLE?

PeterF's picture

There should not be any issue with connecting to iOS devices!

For this type of topic (specific to the capabilities of the Cypress device rather than the Avnet hardware) I recommend posting your question to the Cypress forums, where it will be reviewed by a wider group of technical resources, eg.

Cypress also provide guidance there on topic of BLE using their combo devices, eg the following blog article: