Build Error on line 44 of wifi_nvram_image.h

Solved
akolamb1's picture
akolamb1
Junior(1)

Am following instructions from Tutorial Part - 2, Slide #9, Line 8)

http://cloudconnectkits.org/system/files/Tutorial%20Part2-App%20Development%20using%20WICED%20SDK-v1.1.pdf 

When i double-click on snip.scan-BCM94343W_AVN download run, am getting the following build error below. I double-checked the line 44 in wifi_nvram_image.h and dont see any issues. Please let me know what might be the cause of this error. 

10:37:52 **** Build of configuration Default for project WICED-SDK ****
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\My Documents\\WICED\\WICED-SDK-3.5.2\\WICED-SDK\\make.exe" snip.scan-BCM94343W_AVN download run 
MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=snip.scan-BCM94343W_AVN download run OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled
Building Bootloader
In file included from WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wwd_resources.c:15:0:
./platforms/BCM94343W_AVN/./wifi_nvram_image.h:44:9: error: expected ',' or ';' before 'NVRAM_GENERATED_MAC_ADDRESS'
         NVRAM_GENERATED_MAC_ADDRESS                                          "\x00"
         ^
make.exe[3]: *** [build/waf.bootloader-NoOS-BCM94343W_AVN/Modules/./WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wwd_resources.o] Error 1
make.exe[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make.exe[2]: *** [main_app] Error 2
tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk:48: recipe for target 'bootloader' failed
Makefile:220: recipe for target 'main_app' failed
make.exe[1]: *** [bootloader] Error 2
make: *** [main_app] Error 2

10:37:55 Build Finished (took 2s.687ms)

akolamb1's picture
akolamb1
Junior(1)

Tried WICED 3.7.0 and got build error ...

11:04:32 **** Build of configuration Default for project WICED-SDK ****
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\My Documents\\WICED\\WICED-SDK-3.7.0\\WICED-SDK\\make.exe" snip.scan-BCM94343W_AVN download run 
MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=snip.scan-BCM94343W_AVN download run OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled
Making config file for first time
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ 
| IMPORTANT NOTES                                                                                     | 
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ 
| Wi-Fi MAC Address                                                                                   | 
|    The target Wi-Fi MAC address is defined in <WICED-SDK>/generated_mac_address.txt                 | 
|    Ensure each target device has a unique address.                                                  | 
| MCU & Wi-Fi Power Save                                                                              | 
|    It is *critical* that applications using WICED Powersave API functions connect an accurate 32kHz | 
|    reference clock to the sleep clock input pin of the WLAN chip. Please read the WICED Powersave   | 
|    Application Note located in the documentation directory if you plan to use powersave features.   | 
Building Bootloader
tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk:141: recipe for target 'generated_mac_address.txt' failed
make.exe[1]: *** [generated_mac_address.txt] Error -1072365564
make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make.exe[3]: *** [build/waf.bootloader-NoOS-BCM94343W_AVN/generated_security_dct.h] Error -1072365564
make.exe[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make.exe[2]: *** [main_app] Error 2
tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk:54: recipe for target 'bootloader' failed
make.exe[1]: *** [bootloader] Error 2
make: *** [main_app] Error 2
Makefile:286: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

majorninth's picture
majorninth
Junior(0)

did you add  download_apps to the build?

and the PLATFORM to the mk file?

snip.<your program> -BCM94343W_AVN download download_apps run

VALID_PLATFORMS := BCM94343W_AVN

akolamb1's picture
akolamb1
Junior(1)

Yes. I did. But i realised today that the problem is with Windows XP. The same process on Windows 10 machine runs fine! So i am good to go. 

josh's picture
josh
Junior(0)

I'm having the same problem and I'm running Windows 10. Not sure how you fixed this...