BCM4343W PWM IOT board out - driving LED

Unsolved
rcnmartell's picture
rcnmartell
Junior(1)

I am trying to get the PWM working on the output pin to drive an external LED.  On the WICED forum, others seem to have gotten PWM working on other devices with similar MCU. However, in looking for the PWM configurations , it was not present in the files. . I want to use the WIFI IOT board 94343W for this application ( and not the other boards ) . Does it support external PWM to drive an LED ( for example? )

I have downloaded the 94343 platform specific files and no information on these configs ( seen below for a different model ). the PCM pin out seems to be 33 where I can attached the LED.

( note: i have tried without and good luck to create a software based timer modualtor to drive the LED and have had the usual problems with consistent highs and lows.. hence heading back to try and PWM working . )

thoughts.?

const platform_pwm_t platform_pwm_peripherals[] =

{

[WICED_PWM_1]  = {TIM4, 1, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM4, GPIO_AF_TIM4, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_24]},

[WICED_PWM_2]  = {TIM4, 2, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM4, GPIO_AF_TIM4, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_25]},

[WICED_PWM_3]  = {TIM2, 2, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM2, GPIO_AF_TIM2, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_2] }, /* or TIM5/Ch2                       */

[WICED_PWM_4]  = {TIM2, 3, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM2, GPIO_AF_TIM2, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_3] }, /* or TIM5/Ch3, TIM9/Ch1             */

[WICED_PWM_5]  = {TIM2, 4, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM2, GPIO_AF_TIM2, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_4] }, /* or TIM5/Ch4, TIM9/Ch2             */

[WICED_PWM_6]  = {TIM2, 1, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM2, GPIO_AF_TIM2, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_6] }, /* or TIM2_CH1_ETR, TIM8/Ch1N        */

[WICED_PWM_7]  = {TIM3, 1, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM3, GPIO_AF_TIM3, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_7] }, /* or TIM1_BKIN, TIM8_BKIN, TIM13/Ch1*/

[WICED_PWM_8]  = {TIM3, 2, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM3, GPIO_AF_TIM3, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_8] }, /* or TIM8/Ch1N, TIM14/Ch1           */

[WICED_PWM_9]  = {TIM5, 2, RCC_APB1Periph_TIM5, GPIO_AF_TIM5, &platform_gpio_pins[WICED_GPIO_2] }, /* or TIM2/Ch2                       */

};