At&T Iot Starter Kit (2nd gen)

Solved
BoschTT's picture
BoschTT
Junior(0)

I have copy pasted the adbkey.pub in the ~/.android/ folder and restarted adb service (adb kill-server) but I still keep getting the error saying WNC_ADB unauthorized. I have also tried adding chmod +r adbkey.pub to the adbkey.pub file and i still get the same error. Could I get some help please.

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)

the problem you are having appears to be an ADB configuration issue.  What OS are you using? How did you install ADB? Is ADB working with any other device or are you only using it with the SK2?

BoschTT's picture
BoschTT
Junior(0)

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I was earlier working on a ARM version for Raspi to try and setup the SDK on that but didn't work out. I have the above problem resolved and my sdk is up and running. However, I still cannot connect to the internet with any of the devices. I constantly get the blinking yellow led. I was told to make sure the apn is set to m2m.com.attz but I do not know where exactly I am supposed to make this change.  

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)

try:

adb kill-server

sudo adb devices

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)
  1. Open up a terminal windows.
  2. Install ADB by issuing the command 'sudo apt-get install adb'
  3. Use GIT to clone the AvnetWNCSDK by issuing the command 'git clone http://github.com/Avnet/AvnetWNCSDK'
  4. Copy the file file adbpub.key from the AvnetWNCSDK directory to the ADB directory (cp ./AvnetWNCSDK/adbpub.key ~/.android/). This installs the security key so ADB can access the SK2.
  5. Connect your M18Qx to the development PC
  6. Verify the ADB connection by listing the attached devices, sudo adb devices When you do this the SK2 should be reported as:

$sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
WNC_ADB device