AT&T Iot Starter Kit (2 gen) unconnecting to the network

Solved
ckasky's picture
ckasky
Junior(0)

Hi,

Anyone could help me? One month ago, I bought one att iot starter kit (gen 2), and I think it was really good, so for project purpose, I bought ten (gen 2), but this time, some problems occur.

Firstly, APN problem, I opened two kits, they both cannot connect to the network successfully, the yellow led keeps flashing, then I used set_wwan_modify_apn to attach it to "m2m.com.attz", the problem is solved, but several minutes later, one of them again cannont connect to the network, the yellow led started flashing again. so if any one could help me.

Another problem is SIM card registration problem, I tried to register SIM card online, but it says "unknown SIM ICCID", then I asked the question online, an officer told me that " you don't need to register the SIM card, cause it has already been activated, you should see your SIM card in ATT Control Center". But these kits are bought by others, so I think if I want to see the SIM card in My Control Center account, I should make some connections between the SIM card and my account. One month ago, when I firstly use this kit, I registered my first SIM card, it can successfully be registered, but this time, I cannot "Add more Sim Card" in my account, the problem is "unknow SIM ICCID", I don't know how to deal with the problem, because I want to monitor the data usage in my ATT Control Center about each SIM Card.

Now I only tried two kits, I am not sure if there will be more problems occur on the following 8 kits, so could I ask if you have some real-time contact method instead of leaving problems here, I will appreciate it very much, cause the time of my project is very tight, if a in-time problem solving method could be provided, it should be much better. But if not, I could completely understand. So thank you very much.

Updating: I think the problem should lie in the SIM card, I checked the WNC mode in iot_monitor, the "IP addr: 0.0.0.0". And I still cannot register the SIM card online. Could you help me.

Kevin

ckasky's picture
ckasky
Junior(0)

A bad news, now both two kits cannot connect to network, the yellow led keeps flashing, it is not the problem of signal, I tried outside. And This time, even if I use "set_wann_modify_apn" to set apn as "m2m.com.attz", the yellow led still flash.

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(2)

Kevin, sorry for the delayed response. I am not sure about the SIM setup, those questions are ususally answered by the AT&T customer service guys.  You are correct, if the IP is 0.0.0.0 then the board it not being registered on the network for somereason. I will try and find a contact at AT&T and will send him your info and request he send you an email directly if you give me an email address.

ckasky's picture
ckasky
Junior(0)

Thank you so much, my e-mail address is kevin.cka1990@gmail.com. I have talked online with the AT&T agent, and submitted a ticket on AT&T marketplace website, really appreciate your help.

ckasky's picture
ckasky
Junior(0)

Hi jflynn129,

I think that I could make sure that the problem lies in the AT&T SIM cards in this shippment, because I changed the SIM card in my very first SK2 device into the present ones, they both worked well and can successfully transmit data to M2X. So if possible, could you help me contact the AT&T guys? I contact them these days, but I think they did not care so much about my problem, one guy kept saying they will post me via the e-mail, but still no response till now. And the remaining time of my project is really short and I should put them into use at next week. I really do not want to kill my project because of the SIM card problem. So I really appreciate it if you could help me. 

Best Regards,

Kevin

kevinkeryk's picture
kevinkeryk
Moderator(0)

Hi Kevin,

For SIM related issues, I would encourage you to contact the AT&T Marketplace folks for further support:

https://marketplace.att.com/

In talking with the support engineer over there, it sounds like you already have a ticket open.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

-Kevin

ckasky's picture
ckasky
Junior(0)

Hi Kevin, (we have the same name, lol)

Thank you for your comments, I have already talked with them. I think the problem should be ths SIM card contained in this shippment, cause I initially could success to transmit data to m2x after I set the APN to m2m.com.attz, but after I rebooted the device, if failed and no network connection. This morning, I again talked with AT&T guy, he checked my SIM card at his end, then he told me that my SIM card is suspended. I don't know why, but I think it should have some relationship with the problem that I could not register the SIM card in my ATT control center.

Kind Regards,

Kevin