Asked for Login (IoT Starter Kit 2nd Gen)

Solved
llonkrednaxela's picture
llonkrednaxela
Junior(0)

I'm working from Mac OS X on a Generation 2 starter kit.

I've activated the SIM card and Certified the device on AT&T's website.

Despite this, My Network Service LED blinks to show it is trying to connect to the network and my tri-color LED remains red showing it is unable to connect.

I connected the board via USB to TTL cable and USB to micro USB to my laptop and attempted to follow the quick start tutorial here:
https://vimeo.com/247404116
I made Ubuntu VM and managed to get through the first few steps, but the board does not show up once I type adb devices.

I found the ttl.usbmodem connection through termal and used the following command to create a serial connection:

/dev/ttl.usbmodem 115200 screen

I'm presented with a blank screen until I hit enter which responds with "D54A1 Login:"

I don't believe I've given this board any credentials for it to request of me.
root:root, root:toor, root:/no password, root:password, admin:admin, etc. didn't work. Is there a default I'm missing?

Years ago, you served my father in the clone wars. Help me, AVNet forums; You're my only hope.

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)

Hi, for the initial operation, you only have to connect power up to the board and register the SIM with AT&T (http://cloudconnectkits.org/sites/default/files/IoT_Starter_Kit_2nd_Gene...). if that isn't working, we need to determine why the board isn't connecting/registering with AT&T before moving on.

After you have successfully, connected/registered with AT&T as described above, then move on to the development environment.  When you run the Virtual machine, you have to ensure it is configured to capture the USB ports on the host PC.  This is likely why you do not see the board with you type 'adb devices'.  Before you can do any of the other activities, adb has to be communicating with the board.

You also have to install ADB into the virtual machine because the SK2 communicates via ADB.  The login you mention is a progrmming interface for the low level firmware and is not something you should interact with as I have no idea what might happen :)

Please try and (1) ensure the board is registered and talking with AT&T; then, (2) ensure you can communicate with it via adb from within the virtual machine you have setup.

llonkrednaxela's picture
llonkrednaxela
Junior(0)

Hi Jflynn,

The board is registered and the sim card is activated, but the board keeps searching. My understanding was that the board came ready to talk to AT&T once I had done that, is there something else I can do?

llonkrednaxela's picture
llonkrednaxela
Junior(0)

I'm trying to write up my own driver for the board, is there any way I could get the linux image of what's on the chip and those credentials because firmware might be exactly what I'm trying to make myself.

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)

What I mean when I say the board is registered, is that the board is registered with the AT&T network.  Basically, when you connect the antennas up and power on the board, the LED will begin flashing RED.  This indicates that the module is attempting to register with the network and establish a connection. The Network Service LED will quit flashing and become constantly on once the module has registered with the AT&T network and has an established connection.  Is the board doing this?

If not, then check your phone and see if you have good signal strength at your location with AT&T.  The board will only work with AT&T service available, so if you don't have AT&T service available at your location or the signal strength is low, the board may not work because it doesn't have access to the network.  If you have a low signal issue, you may have to move the board/antennas around until you get strong enough signal for the board to register.

After you have the board registered, and the LED is on constant, you can begin interacting with it by pressing the  USER push button (SW2) and status will be provided via the tri-color LED on the board. 

It will follow the sequence on page 8 of  http://cloudconnectkits.org/sites/default/files/IoT_Starter_Kit_2nd_Gene....

Once this is happening, the board will be operating the out-of-box initial program correctly. 

About writing your own driver, I don't have access to the Linux image and was told that WNC has no plans to release it due to licensing constraints imposed by Qualcomm (who provides the processor core used in the M18Q chipset).  

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)

checking.

jflynn129's picture
jflynn129
Moderator(4)

No further feedback/updates.

xywasehuxi's picture
xywasehuxi
Junior(0)

Starter kit of the software was available at this it has some discussion of the ports to get data among the products to get. Forums that have skills to get data were at essayshark reviews with the fictions of the ports that were used to buy the things to get on it.

followersuk's picture
followersuk
Junior(0)

Dismiss. Grow your team on GitHub. GitHub is home to over 50 million developers working together. Join them to grow your own development teams, manage ... by  epicfollowersuk

followersuk's picture
followersuk
Junior(0)

Some starter kits may ship with an older version of Raspbian OS. ... Soracom Air IoT SIM Card - The Soracom IoT SIM provides cellular data connectivity and SMS ... Login. Click your email address at the top right corner, and select Payment settings: ... A dialog will appear asking for the ICCID and PUK of the SIM card. by  followersaustralia

followersuk's picture
followersuk
Junior(0)

The AT&T IoT Starter Kit (2nd Gen.) integrates LTE Cat-4 connectivity, GPS location tracking, User Application Processor plus sensors, into a slim form-factor, ... by  followersitaly

followersuk's picture
followersuk
Junior(0)

You are bidding on a new TIGO ENERGY MMU PV 2.0 interior Cloud Connect Kit WiFi Solar monitor. I also have the hardwired kit with Gateway ... by  epicfollowerscanada

followersuk's picture
followersuk
Junior(0)

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for TIGO ENERGY MMU Cloud Connect Kit by  buyfollowerscanada

My understanding was that the board came ready to talk to AT&T once I had done that, is there something else I can do? Yakima, WA

Basically, when you connect the antennas up and power on the board, the LED will begin flashing RED.  This indicates that the module is attempting to register with the network and establish a connection... Rapid City, SD

bojo1991jon's picture
bojo1991jon
Junior(0)